Sous Chef - Jamie's Italian Sydney
Sydney - NSW
Taking inspiration from the idea of the "Italian table", Jamie's Italian embraces the unique traditions and values of Italy that Jamie is so passionate about. We serve rustic Italian dishes, created using tried and tested recipes and superbly sourced produce, that personify "good food for everyone, no matter what". As a part of a global network, you will help our Australian business deliver world class standards in order to exceed customer expectations.
About The Role:
The Sous Chef assists and supports our Head Chef in the day-to-day kitchen management in terms of food quality and training and a smooth running kitchen function. You will run shifts, open and close and have the capability to support every section during service periods. Additional duties will include rostering to budget, using our time and attendance system and stock control using our inventory management system. You will be passionate about all things Jamie Oliver and welcome high volume! You will have uncompromising Food Safety, Work Health & Safety standards and product integrity from sourcing through to serving.
- You are passionate about the Jamie's Italian brand and are looking to refine your skill in a high volume and high quality food environment.
- You are a strong leader & communicator and have previously worked in a senior capacity as a Sous Chef for a medium sized brigade.
- You have the capability to train, support and develop our team.
- Organised with great time management skills & a desire to work together & support both back of house and front of house teams.
- You have a respect for high quality ingredients and a keen interest in seasonality with flair to create new food ideas & specials.
We get stuck in, work hard, are passionate and like to be creative. We also love to try something new and have some fun. Jamie's Italian is yours – your opportunity to learn, grow & develop, so embrace it with us! We are always looking for great talent across all of our Australian restaurants, so if you would like to join an innovative and dynamic business where opportunities await you, please be sure to let us know. To apply for this role, click on "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".